Microbial/Mold contamination results typically from water damage from flooding, water intrusion or elevated relative humidity and temperature. Mold can start to proliferate as quickly as 48 to 72 hours after the moisture event or water damage has occurred. If addressed early enough, the testing, sampling and remediation costs can be significantly minimized.
The environmental consulting, inspection, and testing services are provided in three phases with a strongly recommended fourth phase.
- Initial assessment of the property, facility, building materials affected.
- Written recommendation of testing to identify the source on the environmental issues and the extent of damages.
- On-site inspection and environmental testing and sampling.
- Recommendations for remediation.
- If remediation is recommended, project management of the remediation.
- Restoration will be up to the discretion of the property owner, landlord an/or property manager.
Phase Four: (Optional but highly recommended)
- Clearance testing and samples are highly recommended to ensure that the remediation was successful and to compare the environmental conditions with the original baseline conditions, pre-remediation.
- Mold 911, LLC cannot quantitatively determine the effectiveness of the remediation without clearance testing and sampling conducted only by Mold 911, LLC.
*Please note that mold is typically an allergen and is ubiquitous in the environment, but those that have pre-existing health conditions, immunocompromised, the young and the elderly may be at risk for health issues.
The air and surface samples will be sent out to an environmental microbiology laboratory, accredited by the American Industrial Hygiene Association, for analysis. The industry standard is for an expert to evaluate and compare the concentrations of the mold spore concentrations indoors to samples taken outdoors taking into consideration the types of organisms present. Higher indoor spore concentrations than the outdoor samples may be an indicator of air quality, environmental issues and or microbial contamination.